Intel i225-V 2.5G NIC not working [RESOLVED]

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RubyStone
Level 2
Level 2

Intel i225-V 2.5G NIC not working [RESOLVED]

Post by RubyStone »

Hello everyone,
MY new ASUS ProArt Z490-CREATOR board works basically fine with LM20 except for networking. I wasn't going to use the 10G NIC because it would be a wast until I upgrade my network. So I figured I would use the built-in NICm which is the Intel i225-V. NO GO.

Any complete solutions?
I don't really want to install an older NIC but I will if its just not a possibility with LM20.

Thank you all in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vipergg
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Intel i225-V 2.5G NIC not working

Post by vipergg »

Go here and see if the linux driver will work for you . https://downloadcenter.intel.com/produc ... ler-I225-V
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Intel i225-V 2.5G NIC not working

Post by motoryzen »

Per Intel themselves, they close their own forum which had thousands views and hundreds of end users reporting problems with that same ethernet chipset on their own Intel based motherboards without getting back with their customers ( Intel at first claimed "Our engineering team is currently investigating the issue, and we are currently awaiting their feedback"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggzo171iV68 From Boot Sequence youtube channel.

0:20 to 2:40 for this story

Yeah..ah..I don't mean to sound like a fear monger here, but this is some serious crap going on on Intel's side. I question if a driver would even matter. If it doesn't, well at least you have some extra scoop here.

Per info from Intel, they claimed it was a hardware flaw and promised to have it fixed by the time of Rocket Lake S's launch.
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor

Return to “Networking”