Internet Problems (Read Only)?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Burning Desires 69
Level 2
Level 2

Internet Problems (Read Only)?

Post by Burning Desires 69 »

Sooo, I noticed something weird Yesterday...

I did not leave my Computer the normal way I usually do.

So Yesterday, I left my Computer on the Log-In Screen, or I had it in an Off State.
I went to go Log-In to Linux & I had the Ethernet Plugged In at the Log-In Screen going
to my Desktop, I don't have the Ethernet Plugged In when i'm at the Bios Screen...

The issue is that My Internet would not Connect, & I also noticed that
the ect/netplan/Document.txt

File is not being written to, it's Blank, but I read other people trying to fix their Net has reported
that they had to Erase some of their Document Information, Delete the Profile in Network,
& Re-Apply the Profile to make it work.

What happens when it's not being written to in the 1st Place to Start with?
Is there a possibility that the Document, or Folder is Locked behind a Read Only, or not being Read / Written to at all?

Document = 1-network-manager---------------->>.yaml

Document Reads:

#Document Information or Net Information
Network:
Version: #N
Renderer: The Manager

It says nothing else, even as of right now it states nothing there below this line...

Is this Normal?

I did the same thing Tonight, & I had no issues Connecting to the Internet Tonight,
why it worked Tonight, & Failed Yesterday I don't know. I tried looking up an Answer Online,
& never found any way to fix the problem. To Fix it, I had to go into a Shut Down State, Unplug
the Ethernet Cord, Power On, go to Windows 10, wait a few mins. then Power Off, go to Linux Mint,
where I Log-In... Wait a few seconds or mins. Then plug the Ethernet Cord back into the PC.

Whatever happened, it seems to of worked.

PS: The Document does say Read Only... Is this bad? Should I be concerned with it being "Read Only"?
Do I need to change this from Read Only to something else to fix the Issue?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I Loved World = 80's & 90's
World Hates Me = 2016 to 2019
I Hate World = 2020 & ^
They want us to Suffer, then lets speed it up, just burn our Sanity away. Else, Shut It!
A "Scar" Means? Yur About To Find Out, The Hard Way!

Return to “Networking”