Network problem in kdeCE

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I don't think it matters wether it's eth0 or eth2 - it's not supposed to....
What type of connection do you use? ADSL? Cable?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

I would remove the network card
boot
remove all entries except lo in /etc/network/interfaces.
remove all network settings from administration/network gui.
power off
insert card, boot.

hopefully it is all better now.

:D
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Husse

Post by Husse »

This is odd... But changing equipment like that can be a problem as the new one might need some different "hardware setting" and is not sufficiently different for Mint to notice that.
Tell us what kind of internet connection you have and if you use a broadband router of some kind. If so can you ping that router
I have experienced more than once that you get as far as to the router, but not further
Husse

Post by Husse »

So it's a radio link. I gather you don't use a router.
Can you ping an IP address? The IP 208.67.220.220 should always be up and answering to a ping (it's one of the DNS servers a t Open DNS)
You find ping in the control center under Networking>Networking tools
The answer to the "ping question" helps pinpointing the problem
Husse

Post by Husse »

Seems like an error - you should be able to ping from the terminal - I just logged in to Cassandra KDE and pinged that IP
Any other oddities?
I don't understand why a change of network card would have that effect and I don't think that's the reason.

Return to “Networking”