Network busy ?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sprint
Level 1
Level 1

Network busy ?

Post by sprint »

I am not shure that this post belong here, but if not i am shure that someone will replace it or delete it as always.

I have noticed by using Etherape that Daryna every time i make a connection on the internet like opening Firefox or Pidgen, it sends a pakage to a German server "foxtrot417.server4you.de " ?? why Ubuntu spies ? at the same time it connects to the Google server : " mu-in-f91.google.com"

anyone ideas ?

Also after having daryna for a few on this pc , i have noticed that while closing the pc, it gives more and more text on the screen each time......

on another pc here ( a 64 bit) it does not...

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

If you make a whois of some kind you will notice that
foxtrot417.server4you.de
is a very familiar server :)
It happens to be the Linux Mint server :)
When you open Firefox the start page comes from that server.....
Furthermore there is some Google "thingie" on the start page
However Pidgin should not do that - does it send packages to the same destination?
Also after having daryna for a few on this pc , i have noticed that while closing the pc, it gives more and more text on the screen each time......
I don't understand this....how?

Return to “Networking”