When is Linux Mint 15 OEM coming out?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jessey Lawson
Level 3
Level 3

When is Linux Mint 15 OEM coming out?

Post by Jessey Lawson »

They got KDE and they are working on XFCE, but where is the version for the disribitures aka the OEM version?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: When is Linux Mint 15 OEM coming out?

Post by xenopeek »

Availability of that will be announced on the blog, just as for all releases. You may generally expect them in the next few weeks.
Jessey Lawson
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jessey Lawson »

waited the few weeks. So why not just make an installer that would make the OEM version oboslite. You would run the live DVD and the click install and it would ask if you want the normal install or the OEM install.
bobafetthotmail

Post by bobafetthotmail »

Mint 15 will stop being supported after 9 months from the release, having an OEM version makes no sense imho.
Jessey Lawson
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jessey Lawson »

Then why even offer and OEM version at all then as they did for Linux Mint 14 and I am still waiting. Stop ticking people off Clem. :evil: :evil: Shesh I like the OEM version the best and if they are not going to make it then just combine the installers into a new one so that each version would also be an OEM version if you want it. But it in the menu, mint install, or maby have both on the desktop, I don't care as long as they stop toying with us! Why do I like it you ask, simple it is ten times much more quicker to install even for home users then the normal edditon. When I upgrade I have to install mint over again 6 times and that will take 3 hours now with the normal cinnamon edditon. :!:
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Then why even offer and OEM version at all then as they did for Linux Mint 14 and I am still waiting. Stop ticking people off - Clem.
the mint team is a small crew & has limited resources.
- they already can't achieve what they would like to achieve, let alone what everyone else would demand of them.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”