Will 17 RC become 'standard' once it is released?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tachtory

Will 17 RC become 'standard' once it is released?

Post by Tachtory »

If I install the RC now, will I have to do anything special to continue getting the 'standard' version once it is released? Or will it seamlessly update to become the approved version for 17? I have been waiting for 17 but don't want to create extra steps to 'upgrade' to the final release.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Will 17 RC become 'standard' once it is released?

Post by tdockery97 »

Tachtory wrote:Or will it seamlessly update to become the approved version for 17?
That is usually the case. If there is a show-stopping bug we will know soon as they are building the final ISO's now. They will tell us if we need to reinstall in the release announcement.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Tachtory

Re: Will 17 RC become 'standard' once it is released?

Post by Tachtory »

tdockery97 wrote:
Tachtory wrote:Or will it seamlessly update to become the approved version for 17?
That is usually the case. If there is a show-stopping bug we will know soon as they are building the final ISO's now. They will tell us if we need to reinstall in the release announcement.
Ok, it sounds like that possibility is there, so I will wait.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”