Suggestions For TV distro?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Izzy

Suggestions For TV distro?

Post by Izzy »

I watch all my TV on a computer with HDMI out put. I have subscribed to netflix but unfortunatly they do not support Linux. Going to drop them and move to Hulu. I watch it on my laptop running Mint 13 cinnamon. I was wondering if any Linux gurus out there could suggest a distro that would be good for a TV computer?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vl1969

Post by vl1969 »

First of all yes you can watch netflix on linux. I do it all the time. You just need to use google chrome and maybe load a netflix desktop.
Second, you will be much happier if you updta to more recent distro, like mint 17.1 rebeca. Not sure what your laptop stats are, but if they are not too good, you can still go to version 17 but use more light weight desktop like xface maybe.
Load the newer dustro, load chrome and see if netflix working, if not search netflixdesktop on google and install it.

I have been using mint 16 on my htpc for the last year nicely.
Don't have netflix right now, bit 6 Month ago it was working just dandy.

Sent from my phone
Izzy

Re: Suggestions For TV distro?

Post by Izzy »

Thanks for the advice. The distro is going on an older Dell desktop 32 bit system. I use Firefox but will try Chrome out.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”