{SOLVED] Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa XFCE distro?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RichE
Level 1
Level 1

{SOLVED] Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa XFCE distro?

Post by RichE »

Is there or will there be an XFCE distro for the current, 17.3 Rosa distribution?

I haven't checked it yet, but understand there's an application about the Desktop that gives an option to switch to XFCE, but I'd prefer to load it directly and not load any other window managers for older hardware/smaller drives.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa XFCE distro?

Post by xenopeek »

The team can't work on everything at the same time. The KDE and Xfce releases are generally done about a month after the Cinnamon and MATE releases. Given time of year, it will likely be January for these Linux Mint 17.3 releases to be completed and published.

In the mean time you could just use Linux Mint 17.2 Xfce. You can upgrade to Linux Mint 17.3 safely through Update Manager once the Xfce release for that is done.
RichE
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RichE »

Ah, thanks, I wasn't sure if the XFCE one was still supported, hence the question.

What do you mean you can't do/work on 4 versions and get them all done at exactly the forecast date? :)

Thanks for the tip about using the 17.2 installer and just using the upgrade manager. Somehow, that never occurred to me.

Happy Holidays!

P.S. Is there a way I can close this thread, since it's been answered, or does a moderator have to do that?
BlackVeils

Post by BlackVeils »

edit the title of your first post, adding [SOLVED] to the beginning or end of it.
Pjotr
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Pjotr »

RichE wrote:What do you mean you can't do/work on 4 versions and get them all done at exactly the forecast date? :)
Of course they could, but that would mean postponing the release date for the main edition Cinnamon and for Mate.

Thank God they don't postpone Cinnamon and Mate, is my opinion.... As much as I love Xfce (it's on a couple of my machines): the minor editions Xfce and KDE can wait a bit longer. Flagship Cinnamon first and foremost. :mrgreen:
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
RichE
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RichE »

Pjotr wrote:
RichE wrote:What do you mean you can't do/work on 4 versions and get them all done at exactly the forecast date? :)
Of course they could, but that would mean postponing the release date for the main edition Cinnamon and for Mate.

Thank God they don't postpone Cinnamon and Mate, is my opinion.... As much as I love Xfce (it's on a couple of my machines): the minor editions Xfce and KDE can wait a bit longer. Flagship Cinnamon first and foremost. :mrgreen:
Did you not see the smiley at the end of that sentence? :D

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”