when to start mirroring 18?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ivan-the-idiot

when to start mirroring 18?

Post by ivan-the-idiot »

I run an apt mirror at work for my students to get updates, etc. from.

When should I start mirroring 18?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
NeoGeo64

Re: when to start mirroring 18?

Post by NeoGeo64 »

Well, seeing as Linux Mint 18.0 hasn't been released yet no one can answer that question.
ivan-the-idiot

Post by ivan-the-idiot »

Guess I'll do it now, and when the release hits my mirror will already be up to date.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

ivan-the-idiot wrote:Guess I'll do it now, and when the release hits my mirror will already be up to date.
Didn't see that coming! :wink:
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Ivan - it may pay to wait, until LM18 is at least at RC1 level,
- rather than at the current Beta stage.
ie: in another few weeks, time.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
NeoGeo64

Post by NeoGeo64 »

Exactly. The time is not now. Who is going to want to download a RC ISO when the final ISO is available?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Running an apt mirror now is fine. If any issues are found in Linux Mint 18 beta the fixes to packages will go into the repository as well as onto the final ISO release. So as long as you'll keep the mirror in sync, it's fine.

The same goes BTW for using the Linux Mint 18 beta. For enthusiasts, early adopters, or those that just can't wait as long as they keep up with updates their installation will be upgraded to the final release through Update Manager. If there is anything more to do to upgrade from beta to final release it will be noted in the final release announcement. I can recall only one release over the past 5 years where you needed to do anything more than apply level 1-2 upgrades in Update Manager.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”