Grub

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eeezzzeee

Grub

Post by eeezzzeee »

I was just curious if anything was going to be changed as far as grub is concerned for future editions? Currently I'm not able to use the latest release of mint due to the fact that i dual boot, and since the latest release uses the newest grub, my usb keyboard is not recognized until after an OS is selected defeating the purpose of dual booting. I have used mint since mint 5, and it sucks not being able to use it for something so silly. I am currently using fedora with a plan to change to the new pclinuxos once it goes final because they are still using the older grub that works with usb keyboards.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
monkeyboy

Re: Grub

Post by monkeyboy »

I have been watching the bug page ( http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=grub ) to see what problems folks are reporting with GRUB 2. Perhaps that is a good site to monitor your problem as well seeing that GRUB 2 is not a Mint project. Good Luck
eeezzzeee

Re: Grub

Post by eeezzzeee »

Thanks for the reply,
I know that that grub is not maintained or worked on by the linux mint crew. I guess its just not a big enough problem to worry about. I was just frustrated a while back by my lack of ability to use a usb keyboard with that particular version of grub. Hopefully by the time the next version of mint comes out there will be a fix for it. I like mint a lot and once that bug is fixed then I will be able to use it again, until then i guess ill just be distro hoppin to distros with the old grub. I think there is an option to use an existing grub in the setup for mint, but i didn't know I was going to have that problem until i installed it, and if i am going to spend the time in install an distro with an old grub just to use the old grub, i think ill just give it a shot, luckily there are a lot of really good distros out there to check out.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”