Questions and thoughts about present and future editions
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
Flame_Phoenix
Level 1
Level 1

When will LM9 KDE version be out?

Post by Flame_Phoenix » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:04 am

Hey guys, I am a fan of LM over Ubuntu (always have been) and I am addicted to it's KDE version. However when I tried to download the Isadora KDE version from this link:
http://www.linuxmint.com/release.php?id=13

I noticed that there is NO KDE version available yet. Technically KDE is now official and it's not community oriented, so I wonder if this means KDE should already be out as well...

Anyway, where can I get a KDE version of LM9 ? Or when will the KDE version be ready?

GhoS
Level 3
Level 3

Re: When will LM9 KDE version be out?

Post by GhoS » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:41 pm

Take note that there is a search box in the upper right and suggest you use it to find your answers first.

All the information on Mint 9 KDE is found in here >> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=45057

Yes there are no longer Community Editions, but the other editions have a very small crew (usually 1 person) updating it so it can take some time to complete. I'm eager for it as well.

Flame_Phoenix
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Flame_Phoenix » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:08 pm

So, let me see if I get it right: KDE is now official, BUT the crew making KDE version only has 1 person? I don't get the logic around this ...
Anyway, Thanks for the link. Looks like I searched in the wrong places, I will try remembering myself to use the forum search engine next time.

Andrew33
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Andrew33 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Hey Flame,

Clem and Boo are still working on a few fixes to the LM9 ISO for RC...not sure when, but I'm hoping they're going to have this thing out sometime this week....I won't push anything....but I'm feeling a good possibility...hope that helps you...have a good one...cheers.

Andrew

JoeFootball
Level 7
Level 7

Post by JoeFootball » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Flame_Phoenix wrote:Looks like I searched in the wrong places
More information is now also available here on the blog.

Joe

Return to “About Mint Editions”