Linux Mint 9 on my Asus Eee PC 1000H

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mikeinpcb

Linux Mint 9 on my Asus Eee PC 1000H

Post by mikeinpcb »

I've been using Linux Mint (both 32 and 64 bit) on and off since Mint 5 Elyssa. I moved to Mint 6 for a short time then on to Mint 7, both Gnome and XFCE. I then tried Mint 8 Gnome, Fluxbox, and LXDE, but I always kept reverting back to PCLinuxOS. That is, until now. I installed Mint 9 Isadora on my Asus Eee PC (in place of PCLOS 2009) and it works perfectly. After a bit of tweaking every function works correctly and I couldn't be happier. I remember thinking "Wow!" the first time I used Linux Mint 5 back in 2008. It is amazing how much Linux Mint has matured over the past couple of years. Today, on my Asus Eee PC, LM9 works great! Thank you for producing such a great distro!

The only cosmetic flaw I see is with the placement of icons in the lower right notification area. As icons are added they tend to get crunched together on the left side of that particular panel. I've unlocked the panel, but you cannot manually space the icons. I think this is actually a flaw with Ubuntu, but it would be nice if the Mint team could fix it in their distro.

The only operational flaw I've found is that my netbook will not shutdown when OpenOffice Quikstarter is enabled without physically holding down the power button until the computer turns itself off. This problem is well documented on the Ubuntu forum.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Deut316

Re: Linux Mint 9 on my Asus Eee PC 1000H

Post by Deut316 »

Hi. I'm considering going to mint 9 with my 1201n.
Do the personalized camera settings work with linux? does your skype work well... assuming you use it.
Did you see an improvement in speed as you moved from windows to linux? I'm using windows 7

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”