Mint 10 RC- features available for Isadora ?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hoboslobobabe

Mint 10 RC- features available for Isadora ?

Post by hoboslobobabe »

Hi!
I have read about some improvements about Linux Mint 10RC.
Like the ignore update option with right click, and improved Flash.
Will those updates be available for Isadora LTS too?

10RC has the DVD install option from the live-CD.
Since I installed Isadora from the live-CD I wondered what benefits there are to the DVD.
So far I have not noticed anything missing.
However Flash could work better (720 + on youtube is hard to watch, especially in full screen) for example.
Also the media players tend to have problems with MKV (have to tweak a little and could be due to weak CPU).

Anyway, I thought maybe the DVD install had a better, or more codecs installed?
Is there a list available where the features of the CD and the DVD are compared?

Regards
Hobo
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cpatrick08

Re: Mint 10 RC- features available for Isadora ?

Post by cpatrick08 »

hoboslobobabe wrote:Hi!
I have read about some improvements about Linux Mint 10RC.
Like the ignore update option with right click, and improved Flash.
Will those updates be available for Isadora LTS too?

10RC has the DVD install option from the live-CD.
Since I installed Isadora from the live-CD I wondered what benefits there are to the DVD.
So far I have not noticed anything missing.
However Flash could work better (720 + on youtube is hard to watch, especially in full screen) for example.
Also the media players tend to have problems with MKV (have to tweak a little and could be due to weak CPU).

Anyway, I thought maybe the DVD install had a better, or more codecs installed?
Is there a list available where the features of the CD and the DVD are compared?

Regards
Hobo
according to the linux mint 9 download page http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php the live DVD Contains additional software such as Java, VLC, F-Spot, OpenOffice.org-base, Samba, additional wallpapers and ttf-dejaVu fonts

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”