How long will Mint 9 be supported?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

How long will Mint 9 be supported?

Post by jokersloose »

With the release of 10 I was wondering how long 9 will be supported. I just installed 9 and it works wonderful see no reason to upgrade unless 9 isn't going to be supported for very long.

Thanks

James
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Elisa

Re: How long will Mint 9 be supported?

Post by Elisa »

9 Isadora Lucid Lynx Long term support release (LTS), supported until April 2013 :lol:
http://www.linuxmint.com/oldreleases.php
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jokersloose »

WoW we'll be up too what? 15 or 16 by then. But it is nice to see I don't "have" too upgrade.

Thanks

James
jesica

Post by jesica »

I am also sticking with Mint for the moment :mrgreen:

no need to upgrade
kidflash

Post by kidflash »

jokersloose wrote:With the release of 10 I was wondering how long 9 will be supported. I just installed 9 and it works wonderful see no reason to upgrade unless 9 isn't going to be supported for very long.

Thanks

James
i have linux mint 8
i was wondering how nice is the new linux mint 9
i hope to upgrade in the coming months. what can i expect to see new.
and didyou do a fresh install. i think i will go that way. just have to save docs & files on a cd.
:wink:
jokersloose
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jokersloose »

Not real sure what you can see "new" from 8 to 9. Im sure there is something on the forums or in the blog or something or someone can tell you what the difference between the 2 are. Yes it was a freash install. The only way to go IMHO. LOL plus I don't know how to partition the hard drive so all I have to do is reinstall the OS. LOL But not sure how long 8 will be supported if not very long then upgrade if it will be supported for a while then if it ain't broke don't fix it. LOL

James

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”