Mint Tools outside of just Debian and Ubuntu?

Questions and thoughts about present and future editions
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
lee8oi
Level 1
Level 1

Mint Tools outside of just Debian and Ubuntu?

Post by lee8oi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:23 am

After using the Main edition of Mint 10, and trying LMDE 10 I'd have to say LMDE rocks if you are a regular debian user already. But its sort of a downgrade from the Main edition in terms of wine support n such. Overall Mint definitely upgrades debian to a rank of awsome. All the Mint tools, and that handy Mint Menu. Good to have. Even Sounds like the beginning of a portable toolkit right? I mean, I like the idea of Mint Tools being available across multiple distros. Can you imagine Mint Fedora or Mandriva? Or being able to 'add some mint' to whatever distro you are using? I think it would be a notable accomplishment in the Open Source world. Common tools for everyone. Heck put gtk on windows with some Mint? haha. Talk about a broad reach in Open Source Software. Not to mention the reduction in iso downloads if everyone had a chance to make their Linux a little more friendly by installing the "Mint Tools".

Murdock
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Mint Tools outside of just Debian and Ubuntu?

Post by Murdock » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:21 am

How about Mintdows ? :roll:
Pura Vida.
Arenal Botanical Garden
Lake Arenal, Costa Rica

willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Mint Tools outside of just Debian and Ubuntu?

Post by willie42 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:29 am

Murdock, do you really think we should be associating ourselves in the Mint work with the others ones out there? :shock:
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.

Return to “About Mint Editions”