Questions and thoughts about present and future editions
Forum rules
Before you post please read this
t3g
Level 2
Level 2

If Mint 11 lacks Unity, can we still get a Mint theme for it

Post by t3g » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:01 am

Beta 1 of Ubuntu 11.04 came out recently and is looking pretty impressive so far with Unity. I know that Linux Mint 11 will use Gnome 3, but what if some of us want to run 11.04 and have a Mint feel to it? What about the other option down the road when Mint 11 comes out and some of us get curious and install Unity? Of course if you choose to do the Classic Desktop, it will look like Mint 10.

Are there plans to have a Mint Theme for Unity and get the familiar green and silver color scheme we love?

m4daredsun
Level 2
Level 2

Re: If Mint 11 lacks Unity, can we still get a Mint theme fo

Post by m4daredsun » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:46 am

t3g wrote:Beta 1 of Ubuntu 11.04 came out recently and is looking pretty impressive so far with Unity. I know that Linux Mint 11 will use Gnome 3, but what if some of us want to run 11.04 and have a Mint feel to it? What about the other option down the road when Mint 11 comes out and some of us get curious and install Unity? Of course if you choose to do the Classic Desktop, it will look like Mint 10.

Are there plans to have a Mint Theme for Unity and get the familiar green and silver color scheme we love?
That would be nice. I am afraid the developers have to take care of other things, but this could maybe be an interesting community project
The only limiting factor of the Linux operating system is its user - Linus Torvalds

Return to “About Mint Editions”