I have installed Linux Mint Debian Edition 64bit AWESOME!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
digitalcrow

Post by digitalcrow »

I was so frustrated by those ubunu distro till i found the Linux Mint Debian Edition , it is so fast on my machine many many many many many times faster than ubuntu , with ubuntu i couldn't download even a torrent the screen was frozen, apps are starting so fast and stays fast whatever i do with it !
Except its so fast its easy too ! I could install the nvidia drivers simply from apt-get
Update is cool too.
It's the best distro i ever tried and i have tried many.
Congratulations only this i have to say and keep updating this distro cause its the best.

The only thing i dont like very much its the theme , you should rethink the design the gray color should not be abused :-(
Also i would suggest to deactivate by default the apt-get list from the Linux Mint Menu Search cause its cause delay.

This is what i want from linux .
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: I have installed Linux Mint Debian Edition 64bit AWESOME

Post by xenopeek »

Oh boy :D I'm getting excited about installing Linux Mint Debian Edition :wink: I'm just waiting for the ISO respin.
galen

Post by galen »

In my experiences with LMDE it is not awesome, glad it works for you
Roken
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Roken »

Small piece of advice, and the day will come when you thank me for it. Unless you intend to drop to stable repositories (default is testing) get into the habit of making regular backups. It sometimes only takes one bad update to kill your system.

Having said that, I've been using LMDE almost exclusively since November last year and I still love it.
Kernel Linux Tex 5.12.14-zen1-1-zen, XFCE
Arch
Dual GTX1070 8Gb
AMD Ryzen 1800X
32Gb RAM
aahlberg

Post by aahlberg »

I have been looking for the penultimate distribution of Linux for about 5 years now, one that would be an MS Windows killer and this distro is the best to date. I've tried Fedora, Ubuntu, and SUSE always looking for a distro that would install graphically and not require a lot of computer expertise. What I had to learn - and it was pointed out to me on on LQ and a few other Linux maven sites - is that many distros are focused on pure Linux, pure in the sense that only open source programs were supported, ruling out some more highly functional driver software such as NVidia, because NVidia wouldn't release the software under an Open Source license. It's not that you couldn't use the Nvidia software but that the installations required significant terminal mode operations to install correctly. Had I understood these important philosophical differences in Linux distributions I might have discovered Lint sooner. Linux Mint 11 is, to me at least, the perfect windows replacement for the average computer user that is used to the MS Windows world. Everything I needed to do to get my system up and running on Linux Mint 11 was readily available via a GUI tool, including automatic installation of the drivers for my sound card and video card including the ability through the GUI to select the Nvidia drivers for my older graphics card in place of the Nouveau drivers - in fact it was the recommended choice by the GUI. I'd feel safe recommending this distribution to just about anybody as long as they're not a hardcore gamer. Based on this distribution I'd say that but for hardcore PC gaming Linux is truly ready for primetime. Every usual tool seems to be already installed as a default. I happen to be a veteran computer programmer with over 45 years experience and this is the first Linux distro I've encountered that didn't require any of that expertise to install to completely usable condition, noticeably faster than the same installation done with Windows!
So I completely agree - AWESOME!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”