How to show the sessions in top 3 of network traffic

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
highwind

How to show the sessions in top 3 of network traffic

Post by highwind »

Same as the title
1.in command line;
2.any GUI;
3.how to do it in conky;
4.any applet,desklet or so on?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DeMus

Re: How to show the sessions in top 3 of network traffic

Post by DeMus »

You could try trafshow. Don't know if that is what you would like to see but it does show you what is connected to your computer, using which protocol, the amount of data and CPS.
Found it in the repos. You do need to start it using sudo.

Did some more searching in the repos and found etherape. This is a graphical program which shows all your connections. When you click on nodes on top of the window you get a list in a second window which you can sort on all columns. Much info to be found here.
highwind

Re: How to show the sessions in top 3 of network traffic

Post by highwind »

DeMus wrote:You could try trafshow. Don't know if that is what you would like to see but it does show you what is connected to your computer, using which protocol, the amount of data and CPS.
Found it in the repos. You do need to start it using sudo.

Did some more searching in the repos and found etherape. This is a graphical program which shows all your connections. When you click on nodes on top of the window you get a list in a second window which you can sort on all columns. Much info to be found here.
Thank you DeMus, very helpful, while actually, I have tried etherape before, but still not very ideal.
There is a lot of info, but not exactly what I needed, I know you have understood what my request is,
however in order to make this clear, let me take an example:
when I am using lots of apps, such as skype, firefox, and also installing a new app..., then what I exactly want to see is(for downloading):
1.mintInstall 200kb/s
2.skype 40kb/s
3.firefox 10kb/s

Return to “Networking”