"No route to host" to Airport Time Capsule using .local hostname

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
develo

"No route to host" to Airport Time Capsule using .local hostname

Post by develo »

Hi, so recently I decided to set up automated backups using Deja Dup. I have it set up so that it will back up to a 4th generation Airport Time Capsule over smb. When I boot up, I can connect to the Time Capsule just fine (I can't connect to it using the user, have to connect anonymously, but that's a question for a later time), however whenever I disconnect from the network (whether it be restarting the network-manager service, disabling wifi/networking, leaving range, switching networks, or just disconnecting from the wifi) it will stop connecting using the .local hostname, returning with "No route to host". I can connect to the Time Capsule using the local ip (10.0.1.19), but using the .local hostname just gives "No route to host". nslookup and dig both give NXDOMAIN as well.

Any help to get this problem fixed? I don't want to restart my laptop often as I will be using it in settings other than my home and will experience this error every day.
P.S. No, I'm not switching Deja Dup from the .local hostname to the local ip. If I do so Deja Dup whines constantly when I'm on other networks and is CPU-intensive while whining.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
txba516
Level 4
Level 4

Re: "No route to host" to Airport Time Capsule using .local hostname

Post by txba516 »

Does it complain if you put an entry in your /etc/hosts file for the time capsule?
LM17.2 x64 Cinnamon
Help the forums get answers faster! Mark your fixed problem thread as [SOLVED]
develo

Re: "No route to host" to Airport Time Capsule using .local hostname

Post by develo »

It hasn't complained so far. If it does in the future I'll come back looking for another solution.

Return to “Networking”