VPN Settings Disappear from Network Connections

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oceanbreeze

VPN Settings Disappear from Network Connections

Post by oceanbreeze »

I am running Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64 bit. I use NordVPN.

I have several different Nord VPN servers set up in VPN Connections. 3 days ago, I had 4 server options under VPN Connections. This morning, I have 3. One connection and all settings have "disappeared" from the system. This has happened on wife's computer as well within last 2 weeks.

I have to go into Network Connections and setup the server again to get it back.

Any ideas on cause and how to stop settings from disappearing?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
spcastelli

Re: VPN Settings Disappear from Network Connections

Post by spcastelli »

Having the same problem with LM 17 also.
SGreen

Post by SGreen »

Same issue on 17 as well. I haven't been able to find any threads specific to this issue. Many of them talk about being unable to save "save button greyed out" or issues with passwords not being saved due to keyring daemon.. but no solutions for the saved connections to vanish.

In my case they might stay for as long as a week or as little as a couple of days.
ROY428
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ROY428 »

Same is happening here at random. One of several VPN connections will suddenly disappear. It happens on several systems. Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64 bit.

Return to “Networking”