Linux Mint 18.1 with one monitor to Windows 10 with two displays through Remmina/VNC

Connection sharing, Firewall, Samba..etc
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Michalis80
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint 18.1 with one monitor to Windows 10 with two displays through Remmina/VNC

Postby Michalis80 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Hello everyone. For starters, I am relatively new to Linux, so if someone could help me with my (not exactly) problem, I would be grateful. Here goes...

I have a laptop running Linux Mint Mate 18.1 that has only its native monitor and a Windows 10 PC (which I want it only for Cubase) that has two displays, but one monitor. I have connected both outputs of my Windows PC VGA to both inputs of my monitor, so I could create a fake dual monitor display. I am able to control the Windows 10 machine from my Linux Mint laptop, through VNC using Remmina. I can see both displays simultaneously on Remmina on the laptop's monitor and I can also see them individually when in scaled mode. What I want to do is to be able to go to the secondary display, when in scaled mode, but without Remmina following the mouse cursor. Is it doable? Thanks for any answers in advance.

If this is in the wrong section, please move it to the right one. And if this question has been answered before, please point me to the right direction, because I haven't found anything.

Return to “Other networking topics”