Connection sharing, Firewall, Samba..etc
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ImConfused
Level 1
Level 1

TCP setups not seen after reboot

Postby ImConfused » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:08 am

I am using Linux Mint 17.3. I have NordVPN. When I use the Network manager (gnome) to set up a UDP connection after the reboot all the setup connections are there. When I set up a TCP connection the connection works for the session and appear on the VPN Connections list. After I reboot all the connections I set up for use of the TCP are gone from the list. There appears to be in the file /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections for the TCP file setup but it doesn't come out when clicking on VPN connections as a usable connections. Because I have better luck with the TCP I put the connection in the NetworkManager at the beginning of the session after a reboot. NetworkManager is much easier to use than the command line where you have to insert the username and password everytime and sometimes the sudo password. How do I get a complete list?

ImConfused
Level 1
Level 1

Re: TCP setups not seen after reboot

Postby ImConfused » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:19 pm

The following is my solution / work around.

Make a new TCP connection in the network manager.

Do the identical thing again with the same location so you have done the same thing 2x.

/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections lists the connection 2x. One time is plain. The second time has a suffix on the file name. When you look at the list for the Network Manager you see the connection mentioned 2 times. Either one should start the network manager. After I rebooted it is only mentioned once and it still starts the TCP connection. For some unknown reason this is not a problem with UDP. My list does have the TCP connections I want listed now. Hopefully this was not a fluke that changes in the future.

Return to “Other networking topics”