LM18 Cinnamon 64, USB connection to Blackberry Playbook

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
David75

LM18 Cinnamon 64, USB connection to Blackberry Playbook

Post by David75 »

Who has successfully connected 18 Cinnamon 64 to a Blackberry Playbook with a USB cable? I have Nautilus installed, and when I try to Connect to Server through Nautilus I get a message "Failed to mount Windows share; No route to host." The blackberry has a password that on a Windows PC with Blackberry's manager installed, it prompts for the password on the tablet then on the PC then it maps a drive letter. I'm not sure what to enter in the Connect to Server window on Mint. It doesn't prompt for a password. I know the IP address of the Playbook. Any ideas? Thanks, David75
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lord Boltar

Re: LM18 Cinnamon 64, USB connection to Blackberry Playbook

Post by Lord Boltar »

Make a note of the USB IPv4 Address which can be seen in the Playbook's about menu

Open a terminal and type

sudo ifconfig -a

Scroll through the results and you should see an entry of "usb0".

To connect to the PlayBook, click on "Places" then "Connect to server".

Select the server type to be "Windows Share". Enter the IP address of the PlayBook (found from the PlayBook's About menu).

Click on "media" and you'll have access to all of your PlayBook's storage space.

More info is here https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2012/04/blackb ... reenshots/

Return to “Networking”