Missing Folder mapped WIn10 drive

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ianblakeley
Level 1
Level 1

Missing Folder mapped WIn10 drive

Post by ianblakeley »

I have in addition to a couple of NAS a Win10 machine which I have the drives mapped via FSTAB on bootup. Recently I created a new folder on the Win10 D drive, on my Mint desktop Mate 18.2 this folder does not appear although if I enter the name in the address bar Caja will access it. If I use browse network and select the Win10 machine then the folder is visible. I've tried FSTAB with and without nounix on the mount line which currently looks likes this

Code: Select all

//smeagol/Smeagol\040d  /media/Smeagol-D        cifs    iocharset=utf8,vers=2.0,credentials=/home/ian/.smbcredentials,uid=1000,users,nounix 0   0       0
It's not a big issue I can access the files, just not sure why this new folder appears one way and not the other.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
--
Ian
ianblakeley
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Missing Folder mapped WIn10 drive

Post by ianblakeley »

Has just appeared, no changes, so no idea what the problem was or could have been. Just to convince myself I made a RDP session to the Windows machine created a test folder and checked, it was immediately visible as expected on the MINT desktop. <puzzled>
--
Ian

Return to “Networking”