using of regular and vpn connection simultaneously

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vetsinen202

using of regular and vpn connection simultaneously

Post by vetsinen202 »

Hello, I have a sftp server where address starts with 10.0, which is available only over vpn-connection. When i activate vpn another servers and web-sites are not available. is there a way to use vpn only for connection to server with adress 10.*.*.* and regular ethernet connection to others? I use linux mint 18.2
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Re: using of regular and vpn connection simultaneously

Post by coffee412 »

Sounds to me like your VPN becomes the default route when activated. This might be a config problem with your server.config file. When your vpn is active can you post your output of 'route' command?

Also post your config file for the server. You might have to instead push the route for the ftp and leave your default route to the web alone.
Ryzen x1800 Asus Prime x370-Pro 32 gigs Ram RX480 graphics
Dell PE T610, Dell PE T710
- List your hardware Profile: inxi -Fxpmrz
MeshCentral * Virtualbox * Debian * InvoiceNinja * NextCloud * Linux since kernel 2.0.36

Return to “Networking”