Zentyal DC, Linux Mint Login

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nickaceph

Zentyal DC, Linux Mint Login

Post by nickaceph »

Hi Experts,

We have been using Linux mint in our Company for almost 8 years now, and its a very nice, desktop destro for office use.

Recently I have been experimenting on a Domain controller server, may it be ClearOS or Zentyal, I was able to join and login to the server DC from windows PC.

Now Iam currently testing Zentyal Server.
Joining Windows Machine and Loging in is easy along with the Roaming Profile works.
  1. with LinuxMint following the instruction from the zentyal site. https://wiki.zentyal.org/wiki/Authentic ... inst_Samba
    1. I was able to join and I can see the Machine have joined in the zentyal user/computer manangement UI.
    2. I was able to use knit & klist with no issue.
    3. but I cannot login using Linux mint Login even if I choose a them where i can type in a username like "user1" or "user1@DOMIAN.LAN" is not working its not loging in.
  • Does anyone overcome this issue's ; connecting linux client and can you please help me. a lot of help is available connecting windows but linux client they all not are working from what i tried so far.
  • What theme settings would you recommend to be use for domain login with out a list for linux mint.
Please help, This will Iam sure help a lot of people, if e have stablish a stable and effective method of doing this.

Thank you in Advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Zentyal DC, Linux Mint Login

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Networking”