What could be the best pick?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ryan_Stevens

What could be the best pick?

Post by Ryan_Stevens »

I'm looking VPN providers with the correct security and highlights like ExpressVPN. Since I am searching for more alternatives, as Express VPN does not fit my budget. Wandering around on google I got to see Nord VPN and someone recommend me about this source of HideMyAss VPN review. Would anyone just help me out with it and suggest what to do.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: What could be the best pick?

Post by catweazel »

It isn't clear what you mean by "VPN providers with the correct security and highlights" but Nord VPN has a special on for around $US3 a month. Usually the offer pops up whenever I visit this page: https://nordvpn.com/servers/#recommended.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Many Mint users are using PIA - Private Internet Access, and when I went looking for a VPN, I also chose PIA. They don't keep any logs of traffic through their service, and this has been confirmed by the fact that when they were subpoenaed to provide records, they were unable to do so: they had no records to provide. PIA is a Platinum Sponsor of Linux Mint. If you only want service for one month, it's $6.95, but if you sign up for a year, it's $3.33 per month, and if you sign up for 2 years, it's $2.91 per month.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

but that Nord VPN special is for 77% off ATM. 8)

which puts in the same league as the offer from PIA
8)
but, whatever you do - - Don't Get one of those Free VPNs
- they are simply Not Worth it.
:o
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

Never tried Nord VPN, it seems they are well known and liked.

Been using PIA for years now and must say that they have been great, I would recommend their services.
Koderman

Post by Koderman »

I've tried both pia and nordvpn and actually pure vpn as well for some time. But I've stayed with nordvpn because I really like extra features they offering for such a good price. They home chrome extensions which are really useful few clicks and its on etc. Never experienced any flaws, I have a subscription for a few months now. Switched to Nordvpn after purevpn leaked data to the FBI.
AllanPen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by AllanPen »

PIA used to be good, but now their support no longer has chat and take two days to respond.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi Ryan_Stevens,

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

You might consider changing your original post's subject line to add "for a VPN provider"

+1 for the superb low-cost Private Internet Access (PIA)
+1 for NordVPN
+1 for ProtonVPN

-1 for HMA (Hide My Ass) as they too are willing to give out activity logs or can be forced too.

Regarding PIA and their no service chat
Private Internet Access wrote:We have found throughout our support years that we are able to provide more comprehensive, higher quality and better support through ticketing versus live chat.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and really appreciate your business. As always, we're available on our support desk 24/7/365 to serve you.

Thank you,
Private Internet Access
Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Networking”