Bluetooth doesn't connect

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Franpoule

Bluetooth doesn't connect

Post by Franpoule »

Hello guys,

Since a week, I have an issue with my bluetooth. At the beginning, the bluetooth didn't turn on at all, my bluetooth device wasn't even detected.

After updating my BIOS (asus zenbook UX430, BIOS update 2018011), the bluetooth device was detected again.

And now, it seems to work when the WIFI is on, but when I turn off WIFI, or if I don't have any network around, I can't connect any device (I can't delete my registered devices either).

Could it be linked with the intel microcode update and the security updates after spectre and meltdown ? 'Cause my problems appeared around these updates.

Thank you very much in advance for your help, advices etc. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
littlehuman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Bluetooth doesn't connect

Post by littlehuman »

Hello "Franpoule",

(FWIW, and don't take it for an absolute truth, just to share)

I have a now quite old Asus UX51VZ, and bluetooth+wifi always seemed linked on my machine. I mean, when I was on Win8/10, when I used to turn off Wifi, bluetooth was immediately turned off too. At a point I guessed that it was a mixed/cumulative bluetooth/wifi chip/card for the model I have. I never investigated further though, it might be software and not hardware and it might be different on your Asus model, plus you said you had not this issue before some update. Let's wait and see other contributions and comments. I'm quite curious about this.

Kind regards
Vs lbh nfxrq Oehpr Fpuarvre gb qrpelcg guvf, ur'q pehfu lbhe fxhyy jvgu uvf ynhtu.
Franpoule

Post by Franpoule »

Hi littlehuman,

Thank you for your answer. I saw on my researches that other people had this bluetooth / wifi problem.

Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect those updates to have messed up the bluetooth yeah...
Franpoule

Post by Franpoule »

Any other idea ?

Return to “Networking”