IPv6 not working even though addresses provided

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
seblin

IPv6 not working even though addresses provided

Post by seblin »

Hello,

This might be a n00b question, I don't know. I have zero experience with IPv6 since I've only recently received an address through my mobile provider...

The IPv6 setup in my phone works. There I see addresses and get 10/10 from www.test-ipv6.com. I can surf IPv6 sites no problem.
Tethering connection to my Mint laptop at least seems fine, I get some inet6 addresses if I check ifconfig.
In Network Manager IPv6 is set to automatic.

Problem is none of the IPv6 tests are successful but the one with ISPs DNS address.

To complicate further, I made it work once by setting disable_ipv6 setting to 1 in /proc and then to 0 again. However this was one time, I have never managed to reproduce this result.
The total result is that sites (for example local Linux Mint repositories) that defaults to IPv6 won't work with my setup. I could of course disable IPv6 but I think that is only a way to postpone problems... :)

Any Network gurus out there with an answer? Please let me know which command outputs you would need to solve my issue!

Best Regards
Sebastian
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”