mounting NAS problems

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theesp

mounting NAS problems

Post by theesp »

Hello,

When I try to mount my NAS with the latest kernel of Mint 18.3 (1.13.0-32) I get a CIFS error: mount error(112): Host is down

The command I use to mount is: sudo mount -t cifs -o username=XYZ,password=XXXXXX,sec=ntlm,uid=1000 //NAS/Project /home/who/Project/ adding the 'vers=1.0' makes no difference. I mount the NAS through command line.

The most actual kernel that mounts the NAS without a problem is 4.10-0-42 I've experimented quite a bit, read through the forums but haven't come up with a solution so far so I would appreciate some guidance.

TIA.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: mounting NAS problems

Post by altair4 »

I hate working with NAS devices.

Everything in your post would indicate a protocol level mismatch.

Um ... Well ... maybe the nas disabled SMB1 but it's still not able to handle the default SMB3 that cifs uses in the more resent kernels .... Instead of vers=1.0 use vers=2.0:

Code: Select all

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=XYZ,password=XXXXXX,sec=ntlm,uid=1000,vers=2.0 //NAS/Project /home/who/Project/
If that doesn’t work try vers=2.1
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
theesp

Re: mounting NAS problems (SOLVED)

Post by theesp »

Thank you, altair4, this worked!
Thanks a lot
GregoriMarow

Re: mounting NAS problems

Post by GregoriMarow »

Okay very helpfull. thanks
Had the same problem in the fstab table.

For alle with a avm fritz box 7490 you have to use:
vers=1.0

Return to “Networking”