Open files in application stored on NAS

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lousr1952

Open files in application stored on NAS

Post by Lousr1952 »

Hi,

I'm a newby in Linux Mint. I changed to Mint because WinXp is'nt save anymore. I installed Mint 17.3 Roso nl succesfully. The application I need to work with is installed too and works well.
I installed Gigolo succesfully and I can access my networkshare and open its files.

The only thing i need to know now is how to open files using the application like in windows. In windows I could open the files by clicking on yhe networkshared disk and open the files in the application. How can I manage this in Linux Mint.

Thanks advance,

Lou
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Open files in application stored on NAS

Post by altair4 »

If I understand the question correctly I think you are looking for the mount point of the remote share. If you are using Gigolo the share is mounted at:
/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server=server-name,share=share-name
What you can do is create a bookmark to the gvfs location. For example, run this in a terminal - I'm assuming you are using Mint Cinnamon since you did not specify:

Code: Select all

nemo /run/user/1000/gvfs
Then Bookmark it: Bookmarks > Create Bookmark.

It will show up on the side panel of nemo and most of your applications as gvfs. Use that to drill down to your specific share.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Lousr1952

Re: Open files in application stored on NAS

Post by Lousr1952 »

Thks, i'll try it
t

Return to “Networking”