Unable to mount samba share in mint 18.03

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rickrick

Unable to mount samba share in mint 18.03

Post by Rickrick »

Guys I am having issues to access my samba server from my main mint PC however the samba server can be accessed by a Android phone on the same network and only using Nemo ssh:/"server is"/ I can access the server but I want samba server not SSH please help to fix this issue
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Unable to mount samba share in mint 18.03

Post by altair4 »

There is nowhere near enough information in your post to answer the question.

** This isn't the Ubuntu forum where if you say you are running Xubuntu 17.10 ... We know what version ( 17.10 ) and also what desktop environment ( XFCE ). my main mint PC tells us nothing.

** Similarly my samba server does not tell us what operating system it's running, what version, what desktop environment - if there is one, and most importantly how it's set up.

** having issues to access does not tell us how you are trying to access the server ( through the file manager, via a cifs mount ) and what the issue is.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

Return to “Networking”