How can I configure Network Manager to connect to my VPN automatically at startup?

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jplush

How can I configure Network Manager to connect to my VPN automatically at startup?

Post by jplush »

I followed Nord's Network Manager tutorial and it worked perfectly. Awesome. But I wish I could set Network Manager to connect to my VPN automatically, and not have to switch it on myself every time I boot up.

Now I can run it from the shell (and therefore as a startup command), but then I can't use the handy Network Manager applet to toggle it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How can I configure Network Manager to connect to my VPN automatically at startup?

Post by catweazel »

Assuming that you have used the Network Manager to import your VPN servers, you can change edit your main connection to select the VPN server to conect to. IIRC, it's on the General tab of your main connection.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
jplush

Re: How can I configure Network Manager to connect to my VPN automatically at startup?

Post by jplush »

Indeed it is! Thank you!

Return to “Networking”