Access localhost from iPhone

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dylan_Oscar

Access localhost from iPhone

Post by Dylan_Oscar »

I have looked for an answer to this question on Linux Questions, https://www.linuxquestions.org/question ... 175622990/ but the person helping me was unable to resolve the issue. I am asking here now, in case the problem is specifically Mint related.
I am trying to access the localhost, located on my laptop, from my iPhone. The laptop is running Mint. I have successfully accessed the localhost running on my Debian desktop, which is connected via ethernet, but when I try to access the laptop, which is wireless, the phone cannot connect. In the URL bar in Safari, I type in http://192.168.0.9, which is the address that comes up under inet addr in ifconfig.
I have completely disabled apparmor, and I have confirmed that the firewall is off in the GUI application, and off when I run

Code: Select all

ufw status
If you visit the URL I provided for the discussion I have had on Linux Questions, you can see the apache2.conf file and my logs. The person who was helping me has verified that all appears to be correct. The configuration appears to be identical to the desktop settings.
I have confirmed that the correct port is open and apache is listening on it.
I am able to ping the laptop from another computer without any packet loss. I have checked the Netgear router settings, and there doesn't appear to be anything blocking it there.

What am I missing? Is there another setting in Mint that could be blocking my phone on the laptop?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
littlehuman
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Access localhost from iPhone

Post by littlehuman »

I've been trough the discussion on linuxquestions.org, and don't know either what might cause your issue, except one idea : Did you check that there is no wireless isolation enabled on your access point / router ?
Vs lbh nfxrq Oehpr Fpuarvre gb qrpelcg guvf, ur'q pehfu lbhe fxhyy jvgu uvf ynhtu.

Return to “Networking”