Lost connection after installing Express VPN

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
the_hermit
Level 1
Level 1

Lost connection after installing Express VPN

Post by the_hermit »

Hi,

After uninstalling the Express VPN app, all my Linux Mint programs that need to connect to the internet lost connection (except for my Firefox browser). For example: the Update Manager and the overGrive (Google Drive client) can't connect to the internet. I'm almost sure that it is some sort of network safety configuration that the Express VPN changed, but I don't know how to fix it.

Please, does anyone can help me? I don't want to reinstall everything again :cry:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
----------the_hermit----------
Sugarcrisp
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Lost connection after installing Express VPN

Post by Sugarcrisp »

Contact Expressvpn directly. I have found them to be a very good source for correcting computer issues regarding their program.
the_hermit
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Lost connection after installing Express VPN

Post by the_hermit »

Thank you, Sugarcrisp. I ended up reinstalling Linux Mint and decided to configure the VPN using the system network tools for VPN.
----------the_hermit----------

Return to “Networking”