[SOLVED] Weird SSH transfer speeds...

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mr.travo

[SOLVED] Weird SSH transfer speeds...

Post by mr.travo »

Please forgive me guys, I am still new in the SSH world. I have been at this for 12 hours now and still learning. I have been learning to transfer files over SSH and also running programs in X through SSH. Pretty cool and powerful.

The weirdness is this:

I have a the Linksys WRT1900ACv2 router. I am running stock firmware on this partition, the other side is flashed is OpenWRT and hadn't gotten into it too much yet. ANYWAY- I am running 3 computers right now, two wired in and one wireless. When I transfer a big file (2.9GB) from my wired to wireless I am getting speeds of 30-33 MB/s. Not too bad, but not that great either. However when I transfer between the two wired computers, I am only getting 11 MB/s and that's it! I am running the exact same command and copying the exact same file. I am trying to keep the environment as close to the same as I can.

My wireless laptop is actually a Chromebook that has been stripped and Gallium is now the OS. It has a 2.48 N3060 Celeron with 2gb ram and an eMMC drive (16gb capacity/10gb free). The other laptop (the slow wired one) is a Dell dual core 1.9 i3 with 8gb ram and 1tb HDD. HDD only has Arch XFCE on it and nothing else.

Can anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong or what I am not considering? I know wired is always going to be faster, or should be, LOL! :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Trav
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mr.travo

Re: Weird SSH transfer speeds...

Post by mr.travo »

Just a friendly reminder- make sure you check your ethernet card speed before you start scratching your head and asking for help troubleshooting! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

For some reason I SWORE that all my equipment was now Gigabit.... Well, I was wrong... :mrgreen:

T

Return to “Networking”