Internet connectivity problem

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Azhar

Internet connectivity problem

Post by Azhar »

Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem with my system. For some reasons, after couple of days my internet connectivity stops working and i am not able to browse or ping any server. If i disconnect my wifi and reconnect then it starts working again for couple of minutes and then stops working. The problem arises with all the browsers that i have. When my browsing stops, any other application (mainly torrent) that is using the internet keeps on working, so if i am downloading something it will keep on downloading but the rest would stop.

Code: Select all

Linux ****** 4.4.0-83-generic #106-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jun 26 17:54:43 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
On Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon 64 bit

Please advice how to tackle the problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Internet connectivity problem

Post by JeremyB »

See if it still happens after

Code: Select all

sudo sed -i 's/wifi.powersave = 3/wifi.powersave = 2/' /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf && systemctl restart network-manager.service

Return to “Networking”