Level 1

Re: Problems with Mullvad VPN on Mint 19

Post by d2KUpfGN » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:44 am

john123a wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:05 am
mullvad vpn install -> yes
working -> not
inloggen with password -> not
I've seen several queries about this issue, but no answers as of yet. I sent an e-mail to Mullvad support, asking if they could help figure it out.

For me, the "mullvad" process is listed in the system monitor, but nothing shows up on screen. When started from the command line, instead, I get the following...
$ mullvad
Using GTK2
changing directory to /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mullvad
Setting logging directory to /home/user/.cache/mullvad/log

(mullvad:15788): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 11:37:58.821: cannot register existing type 'GdkDisplayManager'

(mullvad:15788): GLib-CRITICAL **: 11:37:58.821: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(mullvad:15788): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 11:37:58.821: g_object_new_with_properties: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
That persists with a blinking cursor until I type Ctrl-C, after which I'm returned to the command line and the process disappears from the system monitor.

Update: I heard back from Mullvad, and they said they're aware of issues in Mint 18.04 and 19, but are unlikely to fix anything in the client because their programmers are busy working on the new app. They just released the app for Windows, and next will be for Linux. I might be able to get in on the closed beta for that, but in the mean time I've taken their advice and configured my system to utilize their WireGuard servers.

alc64
Level 1
Level 1

Post by alc64 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:18 pm

HI John,
I am running into the same problem with Mullvad. I am using mint 19. As per Mullvad's suggestion, I installed WireGuard. When I use the command wg-quick up mullvad +the server it returns "does not exist". If you would be so kind to walk me through how you downloaded WireGuard and how you set it up. Apparently, I made an error somewhere along the process.
Thanks,
Al

jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Post by jimallyn » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Moderator: I have moved your posts to Other networking topics. Support questions DO NOT belong in Releases & Announcements, and in fact, are probably LESS like to get solutions there than in the appropriate forums section.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Other networking topics”