[Solved] Network disconnected after suspend mode

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
silentlion853

[Solved] Network disconnected after suspend mode

Post by silentlion853 »

I am using Linux Mint 19 Tara x86_64. My problem is after logging in from suspend mode all networking is disconnected (internet and vpn). My connection is via ethernet and the only way to re-establish my network is to either reboot or shutdown. When I reboot everything works okay. Is this a bug in 19? I had no such problems with 18.3. Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ajgringo619

Re: Network disconnected after suspend mode

Post by ajgringo619 »

silentlion853 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:19 pm I am using Linux Mint 19 Tara x86_64. My problem is after logging in from suspend mode all networking is disconnected (internet and vpn). My connection is via ethernet and the only way to re-establish my network is to either reboot or shutdown. When I reboot everything works okay. Is this a bug in 19? I had no such problems with 18.3. Thank you.
I had the same problem. I fixed it by removing NetworkManager and setting up my NIC in /etc/network/interfaces, like this (switch enp5s0 to match your NIC):

Code: Select all

# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto enp5s0
iface enp5s0 inet dhcp
iface enp5s0 inet6 auto
silentlion853

Re: Network disconnected after suspend mode

Post by silentlion853 »

Thanks for the quick response. Had to reboot the system after saving the changes, then everything worked like a charm. Thank you.

Return to “Networking”