Mate 18.3 and Private Internet Access

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
danneauxs

Mate 18.3 and Private Internet Access

Post by danneauxs »

Until a few months ago I had one pc running Mint Mate 17. Used PIA with no issues for almost a few years really with very little issue. I recently had a drive failure so upgraded my pc to 18.3 and added a new pc to my home setup also running 18.3 - so both have fresh installs.

last month I started having issues with both pc's dropping PIA connection. I've been going round and round with support even to the point of removing the application and using openvpn with their servers (if that's the correct terminology).

Anyway, what I really want to know is if anyone else is running 18.3 with PIA and having issues. If not, it's something in my setup and I'll keep on with support but I think they are giving up. If it's not resolved soon I'm going to hit them up for a refund and try another VPN, hopefully one with a trial period. No hardware has changed except for a new SSD in the old pc and of course the new pc (which I left off for a few days to see if I could keep a connection with the old pc - no joy.)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rui no onna

Re: Mate 18.3 and Private Internet Access

Post by rui no onna »

Not on Linux but on the iPad, PIA connection was very spotty (this was last week). It barely loaded https://www.google.com and frequently timed out. Tried Speedify next (free 1GB starter plan) and it's working much better so far.
Laugh2
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mate 18.3 and Private Internet Access

Post by Laugh2 »

The following link discusses different VPN's. You might find it useful. I liked PIA back then when I used it (not LM 18.3).
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=242032&start=40

Return to “Networking”