Can't get torrents to work (rephrased)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shima-pan

Can't get torrents to work (rephrased)

Post by shima-pan »

I'm just going to delete all of what I wrote and re-phrase this in shorter terms.

I understand how this all works a bit better now, but now my question is, is there any way that I can set up either transmission or deluge (or really any decent client) without basically opening all incoming traffic through a wide range of ports? Is there any reason for me not to just use deluge with a range of 10 ports or so since it has an option to set a range? Like what is the advantage of using random ports?

Anyways I still can't get into my router to check if upnp is on, but I found a terminal command "$ nc -z -v -w2 192.168.1.2 51413" that tried to connect to the router on 51413 and the connection was successful so I don't think this is an issue with port forwarding, never had this issue on windows either. I tried enabling all reported gufw entries in/out and eventually just disabled the firewall temporarily and it still said the port is closed in both deluge and transmission when I try the button.

I'm seriously lost here so if anyone has any ideas on what I am missing that would be great...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”