[SOLVED] Bluetooth on Lenovo Ideapad 100-15IBY won't detect any devices

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nostra

[SOLVED] Bluetooth on Lenovo Ideapad 100-15IBY won't detect any devices

Post by Nostra »

Hi! As the title suggests, I can't get my bluetooth to work on my Lenovo Ideapad 100-15IBY. I'm using Mint 19 (64 bits) with XFCE and my kernel version is 4.18.8.
After I researched a bit, I removed the Blueberry bluetooth manager that comes with Mint in favor of Blueman, but it still won't detect any bluetooth device, be it my phone or my headset (Skullcandy Uproar). I should mention I'm a complete Linux newbie, so I apologize if the information I provide isn't sufficient.

Thanks a lot in advance if you feel like helping!

Edit: after a few freeze issues I ended up coming back to Windows. Then back to Linux... turns out the freezes came from the legacy setting, as it's working perfectly while Mint is installed as UEFI. But that ain't the subject.

When I came back to Windows, my Bluetooth controller stopped working altogether, so I ended up buying an external, USB one. It also works on Linux, so I guess that's the end of the story.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”