[SOLVED]DNS timing out but I can dig @ just fine

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gm10

Re: DNS timing out but I can dig @ just fine

Post by gm10 »

ryron01 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:22 pm uuugggggg I should have tried this awhile ago. So now I just need to figure why that file went missing and what I have to do to get NetworkManager to .... manage it.
Can't say I didn't ask you to check if that file was there. ;)

You do not need to create this manually, it gets created by resolvconf, so I'll just assume you disabled that service as well just like you had systemd-resolvd?

Code: Select all

sudo systemctl enable resolvconf
sudo systemctl restart resolvconf
sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager
You might want to have a look through your systemd configuation to check there isn't anything else disabled that shouldn't be:

systemctl list-unit-files --state=disabled
ryron01

Re: [SOLVED]DNS timing out but I can dig @ just fine

Post by ryron01 »

I did a few more things to get this to work I needed to change the DNS settings in NetworkManager.conf to be default from dnsmasq and then I had to run

sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf
sudo systemctl restart resolvconf
sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager
gm10 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:25 am
ryron01 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:22 pm uuugggggg I should have tried this awhile ago. So now I just need to figure why that file went missing and what I have to do to get NetworkManager to .... manage it.
You might want to have a look through your systemd configuation to check there isn't anything else disabled that shouldn't be:

systemctl list-unit-files --state=disabled
I didn't see anything else that was disabled that shouldn't be, other than a timer I setup, which I fixed.

I think everything is in working order now. THANK YOU ALL for your help!!!!

Return to “Networking”