Remote Access to Home Server ...

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rc2o2w
Level 1
Level 1

Remote Access to Home Server ...

Post by rc2o2w »

Re: Remote Login and File Transfer ...

Hi .... I have Linux Mint 18 running on an HP desktop Compaq PC 6300 ... that is on a subnetwork... 192.168.4.xx behind my cable company router network 192.168.1.xx ...Of course both routers offer wired and wireless connectivity

I desire the ability to login to the server from other computers/tablets/smartphones on either of the two home networks and be able to transfer files to/from my client as well as move..organize files on the server from the client....I also wish the same ability while away from home ...

Please....what is the best client/server software to do this?? I see a lot out there when it come to remote access and I prefer not get too tangled with it. The phones and tablets are Android and my other desk and laptop computers vary between Win10, Win7, and Linux Mint ...

Please offer your best scenarios??...thanks...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”