Problems with all network options

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Agatgamez

Problems with all network options

Post by Agatgamez »

Hi, I'm a quite noob at Linux as I'm currently using it as a temporary option to install windows 10 ( working on it right now but don't have a USB or CD so using drivedroid on Android ) and I can't connect to the internet, wifi is really weak ( between 0% to around 40% is the common range ) but my phone is at 100%. This only happens on Linux, didn't happen on windows when I used that ( I accidentally deleted system32, during a reinstallation of windows 10 I turned off my computer by accident and that caused system32 to be corrupt and im lucky USB worked and bios restore worked ) so I know it's Linux. Because of that, I've been using wired internet from my phone as the wired USB because wifi has been slow and also can't see any wifi network, so i used my 5GHz wifi from My phone to go online on my pc and that worked until today, because now it just doesn't wanna connect? I don't understand why, I don't know why because it worked flawlessly yesterday. I did however reinstall my phone yesterday but it worked after that too, it started today ( November 17 ) and I don't know how to fix it, check the problem or what do do at all. I haven't tried an Ethernet cable through my modem though.

Also I have some windows installation questions:
Do I need a product key to install/activate windows 10 if it tried to install ( when I reinstalled windows ) but is highly corrupted ( not bootable at all ). If so, can someone please spare one for me as my windows 10 came pre-installed and I don't have one.
How exactly do I install windows 10? I've been able to get windows 7 and 8 to the install screen but both says drives are missing and I can't progress ( I came to product key on windows 8 )
If I have several CD-ROMs that doesn't have enough storage on them, can I divide a windows 10 installation through several CD-ROMs?

The reason I'm asking all of this is because I rainbows up my computer back In 2016, been dead til now and I don't know what Linux can do, I know it can run exe through wine and I can one command without looking through anything online: $ sudo apt-get update
Please respond as quickly as possible.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Problems with all network options

Post by lsemmens »

If windwoes 10 was installed and activated on that machine in the past, then you can install it again without having to jump through activation hoops again. All you need is a Windows iso of the version that it was activated on (I'm guessing Windows home given that it was pre-installed)

Your Linux wifi problems may well be just a dodgy driver. If you can post the output of 'inxi -Fxzd" you may find some more meaningful information, Have a read here which will instruct you in the method to get some usefuf help
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Networking”