[SOLVED] Mounting a WD NAS doesn't work anymore

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
George16

[SOLVED] Mounting a WD NAS doesn't work anymore

Post by George16 »

A few months ago I asked this forum for help to mount my WD NAS to my Mint system (How to map a WD NAS?). I was grateful with all the help and the final solution that worked perfectly. But then, at once, the mount command didn't work anymore.

The command that worked was:

Code: Select all

sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.178.17/PCgeorge /mnt/shares/PCgeorge -o vers=1.0,username=George,password=yyyy,rw,uid=1000,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,nounix
Today the result is:

Code: Select all

Unable to find suitable address.
So my question is: can someone help me to find the solution?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
incheye

Re: Mounting a WD NAS doesn't work anymore

Post by incheye »

I have the same issue after an upgrade from 18.3 to 19
George16

Post by George16 »

I have only 18.3 and have just regularly updated Linux Mint. No idea whether there is a relationship with the problem.
sjgold85
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sjgold85 »

run the mount command at a terminal again - then enter dmesg which accesses the kernel log. If you get an error 22 notification, and a verbal message about no dialect specified, you need to edit your /etc/fstab file to include the option vers=1

example: //192.168.0.101/public /media/wd cifs guest,rw,uid=1000,gid=1000,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,vers=1.0 0 0
George16

Post by George16 »

sjgold85 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:13 pm run the mount command at a terminal again - then enter dmesg which accesses the kernel log. If you get an error 22 notification, and a verbal message about no dialect specified, you need to edit your /etc/fstab file to include the option vers=1
I didn't find any error notification.
George16

Post by George16 »

The problem is solved.
I tried to map the NAS to a windows laptop and there was the same problem. So, obviously it was a NAS problem. When I did a reset/restart of the NAS the problem was gone! I only don't know what the cause was.
Thanks to all people who reacted.

Return to “Networking”