VPN on or with a Draytek Router

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dutchenery

VPN on or with a Draytek Router

Post by dutchenery »

Hi, i’ve got a bit of a problem with my new Draytek 2762ac Router. Nice kit though. I have a VPN (PIA) separately on all equipment within the home network. Incl on the smart phone. It works but I wanted to start the SSL VPN service, also debating whether to install the VPN that comes with the router. I am not so sure whether a VPN on a router is the best solution as an increasing number of websites now don’t allow VPN’s. BBC iPlayer for instance. But SSL VPN for use with my mobile and the capability to reach my set-up from abroad would be handy. Has anyone set-up a SSL VPN service on the Draytek? I followed some advice as is already on the Forum but all I get from the mobile phone is ‘Disconnected’ as soon as I log in. I followed the handbook precisely so is it a problem with Linux Mint or Android (phone) or am I overlooking something? I also installed the Draytek Android SSL app on the mobile as indicated. The mobile runs Android 7.0.
Hoping someone has had a similar problem with SSL VPN on a Draytek router.
I run Linux Mint 18.3. By the way there is no need to tell me I should look at the 457 page long User Guide. I have, especially the VPN part. It is an English document badly translated from Japanese/Chinese.
But I am just trying this forum being a long time user of Mint. Someone might have had a similar or the same problem.
Thanks in anticipation
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”