VPN has stopped working in Mint 19

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SnuffGear

VPN has stopped working in Mint 19

Post by SnuffGear »

After working fine for many months, my vpn has suddenly stopped working in 19. It still works fine when I reboot to Mint 17.2. Everything else, with regard to connecting to the internet, works properly. My vpn client is setup exactly the same on both 19 17.2.

I contacted the vendor, and after looking at my logs, they responded with the following,

"Apparently, from the log, something is specifically blocking UDP."

Any ideas?
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SnuffGear

Re: VPN has stopped working in Mint 19

Post by SnuffGear »

iptables -L

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
SnuffGear

Re: VPN has stopped working in Mint 19

Post by SnuffGear »

Update:
I have now discovered that my vpn connection works when I change from Mint 19 to Mint 17.2. I have both versions installed on the same hd. Didn't think to try this first. (it has been working for several months on Mint 19) Maybe some update has screwed with it?

Also, I can get the vpn to work in 19 if I change from UDP to TCP. Huh? (in 17.2 the connection remains/works in UDP)

Return to “Networking”