Accessing Windows 10 Pro OneDrive with linuxmint 19.1

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GELvdH
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Accessing Windows 10 Pro OneDrive with linuxmint 19.1(Resolved)

Post by GELvdH »

How long does it take LM to update it's onedrive from the cloud?
Last edited by GELvdH on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GELvdH
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Accessing Windows 10 Pro OneDrive with linuxmint 19.1

Post by GELvdH »

I gave up on Windows onedrive and switched to MEGA.nz, everything is working properly on all of my computers and it updates almost instantaneously. Thanks for all the help.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi GELvdH,

You are welcome...again...

Although I found that the various Linux OneDrive options do work, I prefer cloud providers that provide a native Linux sync client like those mentioned before including "mega.nz". And, "mega.nz" gives users 50gb of free and encrypted storage and you can purchase more space if you want or need it. Caution: I did read that the optional Mega.nz browser add-on was compromised and should not be used; I don't know if that has been corrected yet or not.

Don't forget to backup your mega.nz password because if you lose it, there is no way to recover your password.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
Knez87

Post by Knez87 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k58kaXqPKI
Autostartup onedrive: setting/startup programs: add new command: name OneDrive, command: onedrive -m
shmu
Level 3
Level 3

Post by shmu »

I set up "onedrive" software from the Software Manager.
It is presently syncing my files. :)
I want it start at login, so I don't need to run a command every time for it to sync my files.
Is there a way to do that?

Return to “Networking”