Conflict between bluetooth and wifi? Bluetooth disconnecting.

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tarask

Conflict between bluetooth and wifi? Bluetooth disconnecting.

Post by tarask »

Hi, two things first : my english may feel a bit rusty so be merciful ^^ and I hope I did post this topic in the right section.

I'm the owner of an Asus G74SX and a UE Boom 2. Everything works fine under Linux mint 19.

I got two problems though. My internet connection was lagging and I noticed it's when I connect my bluetooth speaker, is there a mean to better share the wireless connection of my computer?

And second, when I don't listen to some audio for some time, when I put let's say a youtube video or the music back on play, no sound is made, either by the bluetooth speaker or internals. Like it's been deactivated but it's still connected and still turned on (it shuts down after a while so maybe it's the reason? like a pre-battery saving mecanism?).
I have to deconnect it from bluetooth (and the audio comes right by the internals) and reconnect it and it's working. Is there a way to tell my PC and speaker to stay linked, to force it?

Thanks to all the people here who answer questions to strangers cause you helped me a few times!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Conflict between bluetooth and wifi? Bluetooth disconnecting.

Post by BG405 »

One thing which might help is to change the WiFi channel on your router. The program "LinSSID" is useful for checking for the best channel to use; it is (or should be) available in the repos i.e. via Synaptic, Software Manager & the Terminal command sudo apt-get install linssid.

Some router firmware e.g. Tomato can also scan for surrounding networks.

Hopefully one of the resident experts on networking will see this thread!
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE

Return to “Networking”